Thoughts and Elie

It's Good Friday. I'm on holiday for four days. Unfortunately we will not get away this Easter like last year. Last Easter we went to the East Neuk of Fife and over to Elie. A beautiful quiet, picturesque area of Scotland. I think of that area a lot and wonder what it would be like to live there permanently. It's very quiet and to a large extent cut off from the luxuries of big City life. On the other hand are they such luxuries? At my age and given the state of my social life I don't think so. I can pass a lot of time doing nothing! I suppose the main reason I couldn't consider it seriously just now is Caroline and the children. Caroline is a real city dweller and the boys school is at a crucial time for them. Kate has no worries just now so it wouldn't bother her. There's my mum and dad and Caroline's mum. All in all it's a non starter. Maybe when I retire it would be a possibility. We might have some money then! I suppose I can just enjoy it on holidays, mmm, except this year!

It's a busy weekend this Easter. Adam's birthday on Monday, David and Susan over for dinner tomorrow. Mum,Dad and Joy on Monday for dinner as well. Phew! I'll be glad to get back to work on Tuesday.

God, when I read these posts I sound like a right miserable bastard. I'm not! I'm a very lucky person to have what I have in my life. I do sound like a grumpy old git but my glass is half full not half empty. I must keep reminding myself of the good things in my life. Maybe I need to get away from my head. Inside of heads is where the damage is done. I should think of a no entry sign or a one way system out!

I'm going to take Kate out now it's a lovely afternoon.

Comments

Popular Posts